Monday, May 17, 2010

Let it Begin!!

Here is to a new challenge:

http://youcanbethebestyou.blogspot.com

I took it on. These are the RULES!

1. Drink 48 ounces of water a day

2. 45 minutes of exercise

3. No soda

4. No sweets (desserts, pastries, candy, or sugary snacks)

5. No fast food, or unhealthy snacks (chips)

6. Consume 2 servings of fruits and 2 servings of vegetables

7. No eating after 8p.m.

8. Read 15 minutes of spiritual or uplifting text

9. Write in your journal (Daily blogs count, too.) Express specific appreciation, love, or praise in your journal...a goal of two or three items is a good goal!

10. Personal goal- each week make a personal goal for everyday or make a goal for the entire week.

If I seem a little "off" this first week, well just know I am following through with the no-sugar points because I LOVE my suga suga! I am looking forward to the growth mentally and spiritually. I have so many goals and tasks that are always on my mind and this way I feel like I will be working towards them and continue to improve ME to make ME a better mom/wife/person.

Isn't it funny how at church, during Relief Society, you feel completely uplifted and edified and then you get in the car to drive home, and BAM...kids are hungry, tired, fighting, and when you get home the house is trashed from hurrying out the door to be late for Sacrament meeting...again. Seriously. Goal * To get to church before the opening song!

I experienced this yesterday. I decided to not let it get the best of me. I decided I wasn't going to yell. I decided to be calm, patient, loving, kind, understanding, and endure, all the things that my Savior is. I decided that THIS was the reason I AM that I AM. I AM a MOTHER first. I AM Dave's wife. I AM ME! So, here is to becoming an even better ME and for enjoying the ride through this journey of life!




*** One specific thing I am grateful for today is my kiddos!!! They really are so precious, so great, and I am so lucky to be a mom. They do test my every spec of patience, but truly it is the most rewarding thing I will ever do in this lifetime and I am learning and growing each day. I truly believe that "The best things in life AREN'T things!" Love you Macie, Dalan, and Khloe ***

7 comments:

Amber Lynn said...

you are amazing little lady!!! I will try and take on the tasks too but your stonger then me.. i love love love my snacks..heheh

amber buhrley said...

Glad to see another post! Not happy that there arent more pictures! I think this sounds great and wish I had the mental capacity right now to even attempt it! Good luck...

Connie said...

I've been needing some motivation and I think you just might have given it to me! Thanks:)

Steph said...

I love that there are only TEN steps. That is doable! I started a little program like this at the beginning of the year and I added the Young Women Persoanl Progress program to it. It was soooo amazing the differencve it made. Then, I slacked once we found out we were moving and I have had to devote every spec of time to heading up the big move. I will have to remember this challenge for when we get settled in our new place and I need a new perspective!
Thanks for sharing!

Christina P. said...

Ya, I think that I could drink the 48 oz of h20, but thats about it. Love the wall!

Andersons said...

You are such a rockstar!! And reading your post made me want to eat some skittles. So I did. :-)

MamaMags said...

I could do most of this except the sugar, as I sit here munching on homemade cashew brittle, which I made and which I didn't cook long enough so it is more like cashew caramel, which whatever.... it is YUMMY! I do drink water instead of soda,and I exercise my mouth daily. You have more will power and ambition than anyone I know!WAY TO GO, you are an inspiration!