Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boys Drool!

My two favorite boys!


Meet Dalan. He is always being silly!


Yet. He is such a stud muffin!


I am so grateful that Dave is willing to teach Dalan and have the patience with him, which I tend to lack often, and show him what being a boy is all about. Grease, dirt, bugs, and tools. I am not sure if I should blame Dave for Dalan's passion about the garage and NOT being able to keep him out of it. He loves so much his daddy's tools. He has his own "plastic" version, but today when he got them taken away for being naughty...his reply was, "I dont care mom. I want real ones." I was speechless. Crap.

He loves the following: Legos, his scooter, his shark bike, tools, the garage, grease, anything Mr. Yuk (dangerous and poisonous.) He is also my biggest snacker on the planet. He likes to climb the pantry shelves looking for treasures called sugar. He has found just about every hiding place I make! He is sneaky...

Dalan was spotlighted for preschool and for his share, he built this "shooter gun."

Doing what he loves best. Workin!


He is always right there with Dave - working on the Jeep



He does work wonders with my kitchen sink and is great at cleaning those dishes. He was so proud when he was given his very own bottle of dish soap. I know, I rock!

He is full of energy, yet somehow when bedtime arrives...he can still stay up until 10:00! I don't get it. When he finally does crash and burn, he usually ends up on the floor. He doesn't like sleeping in his own room, so right here in Macie's doorway is where he landed last night!


This little dude of mine is one that keeps me on the go ALL day long. I love that little face and as exhausting as he is....his smile is so worth it. I love ya buddy! Thanks for always giving dad and I a reason to laugh at night, even though, in the moment sometimes you aren't so funny.

Like in this moment


When magically the water turned "yellow???" Oh wait, that is just your pee!


*** Dalan is full of such adventure and personality and I would be lost without him. I am so thankful that he is part of our family. He loves his big sister Macie, but he is smitten with baby Khloe. He sometimes forgets his own strength and would love to have Khloe roll around with him and, ya know, punch back. Maybe one day Dal. I am sure she will hunt you down when she is bigger!! I love you buddy and you enrich my life and keep me on my toes and I love ya for it!! ***


*** We had "Mother's Tea" at Dalan's preschool today and it was a lot of fun. Good food, good company, and the cutest kiddos around!


The kids sang us a song with hand actions...


Then Dal gave me the sweetest gift, a homemade "Me and You Book!" Thanks Dal for thinking of mom and for making me so proud!


You said your favorite things are: Airplanes, Fruit Gushers, and Working! You said you love mom to "play games" with you and you love when I take you to the "froggy pond!" pssspp....what is the froggy pond!!?? Love ya bubs:)

3 comments:

MamaMags said...

LAUGH OUT LOUD!! You captured the essence of this great lil' man with all of your descriptions and pictures. I love the mom and me book! Did he draw the picture on the front, because if he did, he is also a gifted artist! Also the comment about "I want real ones" TOO FUNNY!! and so DALAN-ish.

krista said...

OH MY HECK. i want that mustang for my boys SO bad. i wanted to get it last christmas, but we can't possibly fit another thing in our garage. i LOVE it though. he's right in between my boys' age......they could all be troublemakers together!

Steph said...

I want him to come clean my house with that super, duper, amazing YELLOW cleaner!!!!