Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Girl Time

It is always a necessity to have some much needed....GIRL TIME!


That is just what we did. Since the boys went camping for Fathers & Sons, us girls had a night out on the town. We had the best time! We first went and ate at the funnest restaurant "Flatbread Pizza Oven." They bring the kids out a mini pizza dough, and they can add the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Delicious food started the night!

Then, we went to the school carnival for some games followed by the best yogurt at a place called Spoon Me. The milk chocolate yogurt is so so good and they have yummy fresh fruit to top it with! Every girl loves ice cream!!

The next day, Macie and I needed some more "girl time" so we headed to the spa to have ourselves a pedicure!




This was Macie's first time and she was so cute and sweet. She LOVED to be able to pick her color, and out of all the pinks and purples....



She went with Firecracker Red!



We soaked our feet, added some fun color to our toes, giggled, talked girl stuff, and the day was perfect! Thanks Macie for a fun time.



*** I am so grateful and so blessed to have my little girls! There is a special bond between mother and daughter and I am so grateful to have 2. ***

Me and my 2 daughters!


Macie, is a social queen and loves to be with her friends.







However, she is a total mama's girl too and enjoys to spend time with me. Macie loves to color, play dress up, barbies, "house" and she is a fantastic big sister. I love this spunky sassy little thing to pieces!

Macie Moo - I love you!




Khloe is such a sweet baby. How did I get so lucky? I haven't yet felt the effects of having 3 kids (okay, there are definitely 'moments') but overall, she is just so easy going, super content, and just fills our home with so much joy! I love this little tot and know she couldn't have been a more perfect fit.

Khlo worm - You make me smile!


My mom and her 2 daughters!



My mom (who is the blonde that looks like she is still in her 30's) is an amazing woman. She amazes me with her strength and example. This lady is one that serves and loves unconditionally. She gives of her time to serve the Lord in the temple twice a week. I tell her she is a show off, but truly she is such an example of being a dedicated and loyal daughter of God. She is also such a GIVER. Truly, if she had her last piece of candy in the cupboard, and it is even seasonal, she would totally give it to you. She radiates love to all. I love you so much mom.

My big sister Amber. I always wanted to be her. I wanted to wear her clothes, hang with her friends, listen to her conversations on "party line!" She is the ultimate cool girl. To this day, she is spacey, goofy, irrational, paranoid, and FUN. All these things make her great and I love ya sis!! You are a great mama and I can't believe you are on round 4!!

*** I feel so blessed to have such great women in my life. I am surrounded by wonderful friends and have a great support system in place. If I can't live close to family, I have been so fortunate to make great friends who have become like family. Women are truly amazing. I was reading an article today that has been on my mind. It was talking about how a good woman knows there is not enough time, energy, or the opportunity to take care of everything on our everyday to-do list. "Life is not calm for most women and although we have a hundred million things to do, the most important thing is to prioritize correctly and navigate this life confidently."

I truly believe that. I think that with each day comes new tasks, some repetetive, mundane, and sometimes just plain lame...but one thing I know is the importance of motherhood and instilling confidence in all of my littles. I try to do my share to teach them to make good choices, and also leave small impressions within them that will one day make them great. I know this is my calling right now and I am so blessed to be a mother!

5 comments:

Amber Lynn said...

very cute and fun. I can't wait till abigail gets bigger so I can do girl days

krista said...

we had father/son camp-out too. Too bad i don't have my own girls to hang out with. It was just me and Kobe. Oh well, he makes a pretty good shopping partner since he can't talk yet!

how's the challenge going on day 2? i got so terribly sick yesterday and today. figures huh? hope it's going well! and thanks for the cookies, they were TO DIE for. i may just need that recipe soon!

amber buhrley said...

Love it! Love that you posted more pictures, love that you posted so soon after the last post, love that I can actually see what Khloe looks like since she was 3 months old, love that you were able to have such a fun girls night out and day!

Amberlee said...

Way to make me feel like such a slacker from your 2 posts. Thanks for the shout out, and yes I am truly all those things.. poor Ron! You are the best Mom and sister and love you to pieces. Funtastic blog you have. It makes me want to blog again too, but not today.

MamaMags said...

YOU'RE BACK!!! Loved the post, and my favorite pic is of Macer's in the leopard outfit! What a fashion queen. She certainly can accessorize!! Thanks for the compliments..although the part about looking "30" made me laugh out loud. ok truth be told, I choked on those "lies." I will pray for you,my sinner daughter, and ask the Lord to forgive you for the lies you have told. (bahhahahaha) Your girls day looked so fun. I am totally checking out flights to Boise for some girl time with you!