Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where my Fathers at....

This is how it all began today. A BIG and delicious cinnamon roll.
Um Ummmm...good!


We love our daddy! So glad there is a special holiday to prove just that.


Today after church, the kids gathered all the things they wanted to present to Dave. Macie drew 100 pictures and gave him A cinnamon bear that she got from a parade. They are his favorite and she can easily part ways with that particular candy.



Dalan filled his bag with a robot toy and 93 matchbox cars.
He ate the candy for dad.




*** WE LOVE YOU! ***

Dad & Macie, 5 1/2


Dad & Dalan, almost 4


Dad & Khloe, 9 1/2 months



Meet Dave's dad Jay. He is so fantastic! I really respect this man. He helped in making my husband the man he is today. Jay is one hard worker. He is tender hearted. He is so sweet to Mama Kay. He washes dishes. All of them. He works hard manual labor 12 hours a day 6 days a week. He is such a great grandpa and my kids love him dearly.


We don't get to see grandpa often, and this is what happens when he leaves...


*** A shout out this Fathers Day that needs to be mentioned to my own father who passed away 5 1/2 years ago, when Macie was just 12 days old. How I miss him sooooo so so much. I think of him often. I miss him every second. He was a great man. Life can sometimes be cruel. He for sure would appreciate the dinner I made tonight. I have SO come a long ways from when I first married Dave. I truly had no business being in the kitchen over a hot stove. My dad loved cooking. My dad was amazing. He was smart. Kind. Honest. Loving. Caring. Giving. Funny. Oh the jokes he would tell. Everything was humorous to him and I loved him for it. It is painful to think of him sometimes. He should still be here to see me be a mom and to watch my beautful kids grow up. I miss you dad. More than you will ever know. ***

Happy Fathers Day!

8 comments:

shel said...

Oh, Linds...Your daddy would be so proud of you!!! And it sounds like you have inherited all of his amazing good qualities!

I love the very SPECIAL bag that Dal picked out for Dave's gift. Niiice!

amber buhrley said...

I kind of got a little teary eyed. I guess I never really realized how a day like today would be hard for you. But of course it would be. Glad it was a good day.

Amber Lynn said...

You always do the cutest ideas for stuff like this, I love it.. cute pics

Malaree said...

Gosh, make me cry! I am glad your sweet family had a great Father's Day! I miss your dad, too. Everything you said about him was the absolute truth. I know he would be so proud of you Lin! Hang in there!

Amberlee said...

He knows how wonderful of a mother you are and truely you are. He would be proud of your daily blog posts too. Great fathers day pics!

Simply Vera said...

Aww, Lindsay. A great love for all the Fathers in your life. You are very blessed....

Connie said...

Lindsey, It's true your dad would be (IS) proud of you, I'm absolutely sure.
Your family is so darn cute!

A bit about our little family... said...

I loved the fun gifts your kids gave their daddy! So cute! I'm sure F Day is a tough one for you, but your Dad is ALWAYS with you and your family and really knows of your greatness and what a good mother and wife you are!!