Monday, February 11, 2008

Sweetness...

Okay...so I LOVE it when people post recipes on their blog so I thought I would return the favor. I made these tonight and have to say that they really were good. It is a little more effort than traditional slow cooker meals, but SO worth it...promise!

SWEET SMOTHERED ENCHILADAS

2 1/2 lbs Chicken or pork
1 pkg flour or corn tortillas (I like corn in this recipe)
2 (15 0z) Cans mild green chili sauce (Las Palmas is the best)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Can black beans, well drained
1/3 lb Monterey Jack cheese, grated

Put meat in slow cooker with 1/3 C water. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours. Remove from cooker and drain. In large bowl, shred meat, add 1 C green chili sauce, brown sugar, and black beans. Set aside.

Heat oven to 350, greas 9x13 pan, and warm tortillas.

Pour 1/2 C green chili sauce into prepared pan. Place 1/3 C of meat mixture in center of each tortilla, roll, and place in pan. Pour remaining green chili sauce over the enchiladas, sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil, and bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Yum!

I swear it was sooo easy and they really tasted delish!

4 comments:

jaesi said...

oh yum. I love me some good mexican dishes.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I will vouch for this one, it was mighty fine.

Allison said...

YUMMERS!!!

stefanie said...

Hey Lindsay! It's Stefanie. Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. But I must say that I am so glad you found me! I'm a bit of a blog stalker too! (who isn't right?) But anyway...your kids are ADORABLE! And your hubby looks familiar to me, but I don't know how I would know him. We are still in Kentucky and we're almost done with our 2nd year, so we've still got 2 to go. It's actually going pretty fast. Sorry, I'm rambling, but I'm going to add you to my friends list, hope you don't mind, and I'm excited to read about your cute family. I love your "When mama's happy" post. I totally agree, although I have a harder time sticking to it than I'd like, but you've inspired me to try harder...so thanks!