Friday, February 22, 2008

Fondue...Delish!





We had our friends over for a fondue party on Valentine's Day. Since we weren't getting babysitters and going out for a romantic evening, I realized that a night of decadent chocolate would be the next best thing...with no guilt because it is the chocolate lover's holiday! (I must give credit to my sis Amber for giving me the idea....because they were doing the same that night!) Anyway, we had strawberries, bananas, angel food cake, cinnamon bears, donuts, and marshmallo's, all dipped in CHOCOLATE!! Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Good!
ps. Don't make fun of the beautiful flowers that Dave so sweetly got for me that are in my blender for a vase. I am pretty sure I threw all the vases away when I moved and haven't needed one until now! Too funny!
One more thing....a shout out to my hubby Dave for an amazing Valentines day. He was creative and made a check gift certificate on Microsoft that took him like "an hour" He is getting me scuba diving lessons for our trip coming up in April. I thought I was okay with this and now I am having doubts....I dunno if this is a good idea for me or not.

6 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

This was so fun, thanks for inviting us.

Also, I have a butt-load (sorry I had to say it) of vases so if you ever need one, please come take one, I just can't throw them away.

Allison said...

Yummers! You are so fun! I wish we were neighbors!!! Where were all these fun times when we were neighbors? :(

jaesi said...

what a fun V day! That stuff looks delish! I must get me some sweets right now....

Steph said...

At my high school "grad nite" party, I won free scuba diving lessons. I had felt the same way about it as you. I'm the "if anything crazy or bad CAN happen, it will" kind of girl! I ended up giving my free lessons away to a college friend I met a few months later. He was so stoked about learning to dive and was so grateful to me for giving him the lessons. I never regretted my decision, however you are in a different situation I think. You have big, strong Dave to protect you if anything should happen. I guess, bottom line-just pray about it and go with your gut! Good luck.
P.S. Where are you guys going again? We are just doing the Baja cruise. We couldn't get the Riviera on the dates we wanted. We really don't care where we go this time though! It is our first cruise so we are stoked just for the experience in and of itself! Write back soon!

krista said...

Chocolate Fondu is one of my favorite things, especially with bananas! YUM!!

I can't believe you are getting scuba certified. You are one brave woman!! But you guys will have lots of fun I'm sure. I'm really needing a vacation with my hubby so I'm kinda jealous!

Shannon said...

My mom was a certified scuba diver and LOVED it! I think she wanted to pass the passion on to me but I am terrified of water. It is my biggest fear. So kudos to you for not being a big wimp like me! I hope you enjoy the lessons. But if you take any underwater pictures, I don't want to see them!