Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mace turns tres!

3 years ago my life completely changed when little Macie Allin was brought into this world. I can't help but always associate her birth with a very hard time in my life as my father passed away suddenly 13 days later. I love celebrating her birth...and it is a tender time to also reflect on my father. Macie was my little miracle baby that definitely helped me so much to cope and get through that trial. She is a blessing in my life and continues to keep me on my toes....and is now entering the even sassier years, glorious 3 year olds have to offer! What a sweet girl she is, so animated, and full of life. She is my shadow and LOVES to be with mom.

In the parenting class I am taking, it was emphasized to "LOVE being a MOM!" Sometimes, I am pretty sure we all struggle with this thought and just want our lives to be EASY....and selfishly it is hard to give our time all the time. Carlene Tanner taught me to cherish these moments. To use these moments of sometimes frusturation and heartache and happiness and take the time to teach. What a great privelage it is to teach my children to put their hands in God so that when my children don't walk with me and are grown....HE will. I love that and it is so true. It brought me to tears to think that at times I get so "annoyed" and "bugged," but I will one day look back and wish I could crawl into their beds at night and just LOVE the challenges that life throws at us each day.

I know I went off on a tangent there....but the real purpose for this little post is for Macie Moo's Happy Birthday!

Pictures coming soon of the "Bubble Gum Birthday Bash!"

6 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Happy Bday Macie! Beautiful post! I am so glad I will have all your experienced mommy's to come to once this little guy inside me is here!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

So sorry we missed the bash. We holed up here at our house with a sick little baby Ava and her sick/tired mom. Hope it was a blast!

brit said...

My absolute favorite posts to read are the ones when Mom's admit that being a mommy is exhausting, yet still the greatest joy on earth. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy even the hard moments. I also love the reflection that Macie helped you get through that hard patch in your life. The Lord knows what we need and provides, doesn't He? I love ya, Linds....

brit said...

Oh, by the way...HAPPY THRID BIRTHDAY Miss Macie! Three is a lot of fun, according to my three year old:)

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Macie! And I so agree with everything else you said. That class is awesome isn't it?

Steph said...

I can't believe she is already three! The fun is just beginning! Can't wait to see "bubble gum" pics!