Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving






So this year was not the so called traditional Thanksgiving that we are used to. However, we sure had a great day! We were not with our family this year, which I have been pretty bummed about. Basically, that is the reason we began to celebrate Christmas so early this year...as we seemed to skip right over the Thanksgiving holiday. Dave and I and our 2 beautiful kids went to Golden Corral. Apparently, we were not the only ones with this great idea because we waited in line for a half hour in the brrrrr cold. It felt more like a nice sunday dinner....out, but we didn't have the cooking or clean up to worry about, and it wasn't Sunday.


After our lunch, we headed to the Festival of Trees and met Josh, Lindsie and baby Ava there. It was a perfect day to go because there was no traffic, and no crowd. Macie did a craft with Matti's help, and both Macie and Dalan got to sit on Santa's lap. We had a great day, but I am hoping next year we can celebrate Thanksgiving day with our families.....at Golden Corral!


Time to gear up for Christmas! I made Dave go shopping with me on black Friday and I can say that we had a great time. I just love the hustle and bustle of this time of year because even though it can get stressful trying to find the most perfect gift for each person on your list, the feeling and the whole Christmas spirit out weighs all the stress and head-aches! I hope you have all caught the fever!!

8 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Sounds like you had a fun little Thanksgiving with just your family! I would love not to have to deal with the cooking and cleaning, but I'm sure your right when you say it seemed more like a Sunday dinner.

Allison said...

We did that one year befroe we were all married and on our own. It was nice! the only bummer was there wasn't any leftovers!!! other tghan that I love eating out on Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had a great day!

brit said...

Yes! I love the Holidays! Also, you look so GORGEOUS!!! Two kids and a move to Idaho has done well for you. You always look great....but gosh! Happy Everything!

Linds said...

Hey Lins...it's Lindsey (VanOrden) Terry. I don't know if you remember me (math in 11th grade?!?) Anyways, I found your site from a comment you left on Savannah's page! Your family is darling! Are you still in St. George? Talk to you soon! -Lins

Hillary Redd said...

Happy late thanksgiving. I think eating out is a fantastic trend that is quickly becoming popular. Especially when it's just your little family, why bother with a big meal to only consume a fourth of it. Love you guys, call me

Dana said...

Lindsay, you are so cute. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Your family is so dang cute and your little girl is a little mini-you. I miss your sister tons. I want to try and do lunch with her the next time that I am up north. Great to hear from you! Dana

The Foisy's said...

K, you guys are the cutest family!! I love it. You look beautiful!! I love being able to see how things are going in your life it's so awesome! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!

amber buhrley said...

ok so why didnt you just use the last picture of your family as your christmas card. everyone is looking at the camera and it is so cute of all of you. You should have saved it. Oh well, we will take even cuter ones together!