Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A perfect day!

So I just need to tell you all what a fantastic day today has been. My friend Kirsten somehow roped me into going to "boot camp" at the YMCA this morning at 5:30 am. I am a gymboree'r, but usually don't get my butt there until atleast 9:30-10'ish. I found myself all night long tossing and turning so nervous that I would sleep through my alarm clock. I awoke at 5 am and had no idea what I was about to experience. Real live boot camp. Talk about a super good, wake me up, man yelling to MOVE IT, kind of work out! I felt the burn....but it felt great.

I then made it home by 7 and was showered and ready to go by 8. Kids still sleeping until around 8:15, Macie more like 9. (We had a late night....we took her to dinner and to see the movie Enchanted for Family Home Evening with our friends, the Buhrley's.) Anyway, kids fed, dressed and out the door by 9:45 and back to the YMCA by 10:15 for my 60 minute massage. Is it bad to tell someone the first time you meet them that you love them. I confessed my love to this massage therapist who worked wonders and unknotted the knots in my neck. INCREDIBLE

I knew getting home would be a breeze to feed the kids lunch because then it meant nap time! It has been just a beautiful day and the sun is shining, literally.

Who knew that early mornings would hold so much joy and accomplishment for one person in a day. Too bad I love my sleep so much. I am going to try to get up a little earlier and enjoy just a little bit longer me time....I'll let you know if I survive by 4:00 this afternoon! Am I super selfish?

7 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Bummer, you should have called me and I would have totally gone to boot camp with you. I was even up at 5:00 this morning. Maybe next time.

Amberlee said...

I still can not believe that your kids sleep that long. Are you sure that we are related? Thanks for updating the blog. I have something to do at work now.

jaesi said...

what are you talking about super selfish?!!!
I dont remember the last time I was up before my kids were...they are my alarm clock...I wish that wasnt the case.
I also dont remember the last time I worked out...wishing that wasnt the case either..

Hillary Redd said...

I would love to have a little time to myself in the morning, of course we both know that would mean I would be up at 4:00 in the am. My kids wake up way to early (5:30 sometimes). You truly are blessed. Oh nice that I read about your super wonderful day when mine has been nothing but whining, timeouts, more whining, longer timeouts, etc. etc. But you deserve it!

skbkmjfamily said...

if you are selfish than so am I. I love working out, and than a massage, you my friend lived my dream today. I have been trying to get up early so that it is not as chaotic in the morning, but I struggle with that as well.

Boot camp sounds like just what I need.

Linds said...

I totally agree...on the day's that I can acutally get my butt out of bed..I accomplish so much more. Plus how could a day go wrong that included "bootcamp" and a massage all before noon? I love them both! Way to go Lins, you are NOT one bit selfish! You are so dang cute...I miss hanging out with you in Math class from back in the day...good times :)

THE CROMAR FAMILY said...

Soooooooo NOT jealous...except for the massage! :)