Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thoughts of Thursday!

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."

Sorry Kirsten, I took this from your blog. I haven't stopped thinking about it all day! It is so true and is exactly how I feel!! Perfectly said.

Is this day over YET? Is my shift over and can I clock out!? What a day. You know sometimes when you just need a good, hard, healthy cry. Today was that day. It started out so great too. Gym at 5:30 and home by 7. Showered and ready for the day by 8. I cooked breakfast for my kids and hubby *I always feed them, but today was the good, hot stuff!* I ran errands while Macie was at her last day of Summer Camp. Got home, fixed lunch....and then I lost it! Apparently, I hit a curb *duh, I knew I hit the curb* but left some damage on Dave's precious cargo...his car. AAGGHHH! He wasn't very happy about it and I honestly didn't even know it left a, yep, a scratch. I feel badly about it, I do. BUT...it is only a car, right!?

Anyway, from there it proceeded to just get crazier. It didn't help that my crazy busy 2 year old took a 45 minute nap. Macie didn't get her much needed nap so I decided to take the kids swimming to get out of our messy house because I was tired of my to-do list growing by the minute! Anyway, we had a great afternoon. Mom recovered and is smiling, but has a headache. Kids are fast asleep. I am ready for bed and climbing in as soon as I "publish post!" Just needed to vent for a second. BUT, all is well and life goes on!

11 comments:

amber buhrley said...

I was sad you had a rough day! tomorrow will be better! Lets do something fun!

Malaree said...

It is so good to know that even super mom has bad days!! I'm sure Dave wasn't too mad at you and don't worry... it is just a car like you said! I am sure your house is not messy at all! When I was there I couldn't believe how clean you could keep it because mine is like the city dump! We are coming to visit soon I think... I'm excited! Tell the kiddos hello from us and we love you guys!

The Parks said...

Wow Malaree said exactly what i was thinking!!!! So dido and sorry you had a bad day!

brit said...

I know what you mean. I ended the day crying quietly so as not to alarm mike..... but if super mom has bad days, I think ill survive! ha ha

Allison said...

Just kep saying, this to will pass. That's my new motto. Everyday with kids is better than the last. They grow up so fast! You have forever to have your house clean. I love a spotless house but sometimes it just can't be that way and I have to let my kids get it dirty once in awhile.

skbkmjfamily said...

So with you. I had the same crappy day on Thursday, which I shouldn't have had being my anniversary. A screaming 4 year old all day is not helpful. However, I am proud of you that you did something fun to help your mood, I will have to try that next time.

The Nance Family said...

I don't know how people have anymore kids, I have been a mother of two for all of 5 weeks and feeling overwhelmed. Kobe is definitely having many two year old moments and making life more interesting that's for sure. I am glad that you posted this it made me realize that I am definitely not alone. The sad thing is there are many more of these days to come, but there are so many more happy days to look forward to.

Kenzie said...

Glad to see I am not the only one:)

Amberlee said...

If only Moms were paid by the job. We would all be rich. If you were here I would take you to Sweet Tomatoes, so hey, there is your incentive. luv ya.

Steph said...

It does get easier (as far as keeping the house clean and not having to actually CHASE the kids down) but the flip side to that is it gets HARDER to watch them grow and instead of longing for it to be easier, you long for it to be HARD again, because that would mean they'll stay little! Ughh, who knew being a mom would be so tough?

Kat said...

I seem to have those have to cry days often! one thing happens and it just spirals...Sorry!!