Sunday, June 29, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!












I could let the pictures do all the talking...BUT this may require a little bit of explanation behind it so here goes!

Okay, my super party-riffic and crazy themed friends Lindsie and Sunny (the two bobsy twins wearing the same dresses in opposite colors, peach and sea green um...80's, no?)really outdid themselves this night. They put together an 80's formal prom night for our queen friend Amber-licious Buhrley who moved last Thursday so her husband can go back to school to turn his dentist career to an upscale doctor...endodontist! This girl was my person. Our kids are the same age and she was the girl I could count on for a can of beans, a cup of sugar, (I may have provided more than borrowed!) she fed my family many of times. She was the girl I could call to take my kids for an hour, complain to, laugh, or joke with. It was a pretty big deal to everyone that she was moving so LINDSIE and SUNNY get all the credit for this. They planned an entire prom night with Amber as the prom queen! This could get a bit lengthy of a post, but soooo worth the read!

Lindsie and Sunny showed up at Amber's door with the green dress. They said, okay just get into character. Make-up, crimper, and dress/shoes were provided and we were out the door an hour later. We met at this fantastic Italian restaurant downtown called Asiago's and we were all licking our plates by the end. Then....duh duh duh da da, our ride shows up. This man dressed up like Rod Stewart comes to pick us up for a "tour de Boise!" We were rocking out to 80's music and ended up dancing on the street for people who were eating and enjoying their evening....and we were the free entertainment! We headed over to Ann Morrison Park to take individual "album covers" on the bridge (see collage) We then ended up back at the hotel for an all night of fun. Lindsie provided treats and entertainment...didn't post pictures with white stretchy styrup pants and Sunny's one piece black stretchy leotard. I still can if I get enough requests!! We laughed so hard I am pretty sure I peed a couple of times....and it was a bittersweet farewell to our dear friend Amber the legend Buhrley.

THE ALBUM COVERS


 
Posted by Picasa


I am postivie nothing will ever top this night. It was the best group of girls EVER and a night to never forget!

A big shout out to my aunt Mel for pulling through for me with her once upon a time prom dress...."Ocean's apart, day after day!!!" Sorry to disappoint, but couldn't get the blue one to even zip up!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

HOT HOT HOT!!! What else is there to say about it?!?

Allison said...

How awesome!!! You all lokked great and it looked like so much fun! What a send off!

Heywood family said...

Ok to funny girl it looks like you had tons of fun. I have a blog too mikenacoleheywood.blogspot.com

Christina P. said...

Looks like way to much fun! This is an official request for the white stretchy pants and one piece outfit thingy pictures!!

The Parks said...

Hahaha Looks like you had fun! Scary thing is that you all pulled off the look so well!!! I love it! (I request the white stretchy pants pictures too!!!!)

Andersons said...

I'm still trying to digest all that lace...

You girls are too cute! Your dress looks even more fabulous on you than on the hanger.

And I'll be over tomorrow morning to help you tear down Amber's "FOR SALE" sign. She can't stay in CA forever!

jaesi said...

you hot mamas!
how fun is that?! I think I may have to move to Boise.

ashley said...

Um how in the world did you find all those dresses? That is freakin hillarious I wish I could have witnessed this all in person! It sucks when friends go:( I am totally missing our friends in Cleveland BUT we are only 3 hrs away so I am hoping get togethers for Holidays will work!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Um, If you even put the white stirrup pants on here, I think i will have to kill you! Those were for 80's prom nighters only! After looking at those pictures last night, I think that was the most unattractive picture taken of me...EVER!!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

You ladies are too funny! Looks like lots of fun!

krista said...

OH MY! I am laughing my head off right now. You guys are too funny. I wonder what people were thinking when they saw you guys. Wish I could have witnessed it in REAL life!!

brit said...

Didn't you wear that same dress to your Senior prom? I won't tell your cool Idaho friends.....

(I miss your face)

Steph said...

Awesome! I'm speechless otherwise!

Linds said...

Hahaha...too funny! I want to have a night like that here! Hilarious. I too am requesting the stretch pants pictures too! hahaha

kourtney said...

That is so great! I kind of live in a very conservative neighborhood, so I wish some one would let loose a little! Maybe one day, we could live by eachother and play crazy...that's a dream!!

Kirsten Brockner said...

You all look fabulous! The 80's rock. Looks like you all had a blast. I guess I am the Los Flores outcast...

Vera said...

Princess Diana in the flesh !!!!!!!!

Kenzie said...

That is hilarious!! What FUN friends to plan such a sweet party. I really thought you had old pictures posted from the 80's. So that must mean you all pulled it off very well. I love the massive corsages(spelling?).
I am so sorry to hear about the soap in the carpet. I would have said some choice words also. And then cried:(

Amberlee said...

Totally Rad! I loved the 80's. I was a kid then, no responsibilities, ahhhh the good fun life.

Brooke said...

Ok, so I rarely do this, but i just had to leave a comment. (not sure if you know me, i was good friends with dave in high school). brooke (berry). i have seen your blog a couple times from other friends blogs, and cracked up over this post. You look like you always have so much fun! Tell Dave hi for me! moonfam.blogspot.com

brooke

Angie said...

That is freakin awesome! You guys really do party! It was fun seeing you at McDonald's- we should get together sometime, with Katie also:)

Natalie said...

Looks like you girls had a blast!! It was great talking with you guys the other night. I am glad we got to know eachother. I cant wait for bunko!! We should get together sometime and go out. See ya!

Kat said...

I can't believe you all were able to find all of those dresses! Man you guys have alot of fun! I can't seem to think outside the box, my fun consists of going out to dinner! Sucks that a friend like that had to move, I have one of those now and I would die if she ever moved!

Brittany said...

I got your email... I posted on Lindsey's page too! I love your updates. Your girls night seemed awesome. I wanted to make sure to add to you already 23 comments, so you'd feel the love from the Harney's! Hope you guys are great and we hear from you soon...

Heidi said...

Oh what a neat group of girls. Looks like an absolute blast.

stefanie said...

Seriously cLasSiC! I'm rolling here, reading this! You have got to that the BEST friends, it seriously sounds like it was so much fun!! Love the dress BTW!