Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!





What a great day to be able to spoil our husbands/fathers. Dave really is a special person and is such a great dad. Let me just tell you what he spent Father's Day weekend putting together. The backyard playset from Costco. He began his work at 8 am and didn't come inside until 10 pm on Saturday. No joke. He was such a trooper with no complaints, still not finished *this thing is a beast* but the fact that he put his whole day, sweat, frusturation all for his kiddo-s is amazing! We love him and are so grateful for how hard he works for our family. I am so proud of his success and am such a lucky girl to be his Mrs. David Grantham! This day is going to be spent with a new tradition. I wanted to make him a special dinner, and one that I do NOT ever make....which is Salmon. I have never cooked anything fishy at our house. I am surprising him with a nice dinner that he will be shocked about (hopefully it tastes okay with the whole experiment) He also was given a new drill....to help the process of the playset. I felt really bad about him spending all Saturday hunched over doing physical labor so I also got him a 1 hour massage because he is going to be super sore! We love you Dave and hope you have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

amber buhrley said...

dave is awesome! Cant wait to come over and try out that play set! For a week at least!

Mike said...

Dave,

You are the man. Your kids are cute. I haven't see you forever buddy. Looks like things are going well. I check your blog out every once in a while. Next time you come down we should go to dinner or something.

Happy Father's Day!!!

Mike

Andersons said...

What the...that was fast! I thought those things were supposed to take 30 hours to put together?

Kenzie said...

The poor guy. We got this playset 3 years ago, and if I would have made my husband put this together by himself on Father's Day weekend I don't think we would have been celebrating Father's Day this year. What a trooper. I think they should lower the price by $500 just because of the labor that goes into getting the darn thing assembled. Looks like you made it up to him though.

Amberlee said...

Dave,
With all this experience you will be able to build your and linz next house all by yourself. You are such a stud. Nice work.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Dang that is a long day! I will for sure NEVER be buying that playset- hahah j/k!

Steph said...

Dave really is great! That play set looks FABULOUS! Hope your salmon worked out. Sounds delish! I am a LOSER wife and made pork chops and Pillsbury croissants (because that is all we had in the fridge and I did not plan ahead)! Way to go Linz! You both deserve the one hour massage.:)

Momma Mags said...

love love love the hat. I'll bet the kids loved that he wore it. I have to agree I would NEVER have even attempted a project like that one.
I for one feel that NOTHING on earth could make me fix FISH for ANYONE; no matter what.
Hope we can all get together still in August; and tell Dave to make room for granny....I'm going back with you even if you try to claim there isn't room. (haha)

kourtney said...

What a great father, I know that Andy would hire somebody to put that together, not that he can't, he just wouldn't want too! Check out my sister's and my blog for another giveaway. www.sayingitsimply.blogspot.com

Kenzie said...

To answer you question my new calling is the Ward Activities Committee Chairman. WOO-HOO! A little nervous about this calling since I wasn't raised in the church as you know, and I never went to ward activities. So I am feeling the pressure. But I am excited about it. Where do you begin planning FUN ward activities though? I also am the Relief Society Historian.
And I don't think you want me to take pictures of my house. Mostly because that means I would have to clean it up, and that takes way to much effort. Thanks for liking my decorating. And I love my camera, but my photography skills need lots of work. But it's fun.

krista said...

Cute playset! That's what kind I wanted but settled for a used Little Tikes plastic one, SAD! Hopefully the kids will go out and play on it for hours!

Amy said...

now that is a good father! I dont think I would even dare ask Nick to attempt that! Good Job Dave!

Burke family said...

That looks so fun! I'm going to have to bring Jordan over to try it out! It was so fun to talk to you at the pool today. We'll definitely have to do it more often. :)