Wednesday, June 1, 2011

FINALLY!

We have been waiting 5 years for this day - really it was going to happen. Do you know this kid?? It is really bad timing because the sun is finally ready to come out and shine - but no swimming for this boy, not for 4-5 weeks anyway....




Dalan noticed that there was writing on the lightbulbs. He could not understand why someone would write on them. He climbed up on the counter to get a closer look (ya know, to see the 60 watt bold letters) and insists he "fell" off. I know he jumped! He landed on his arm and I knew he was hurt. We took him to the urgent care and he was given a soft cast and a green popsicle for being so brave.

Our conversation in the waiting room was one that I want to remember. These are a few things that Dalan was saying:
"Mom, what if I would have cracked my head? Would they have to take my brain out??"
"Hey mom, can you tell the doctor that I can lift up our couch!"
"Mom, I can see my bones in that picture." (the x-ray made his day!)
"Mom, there is no such thing as powers huh mom. Ya know like superpowers."

I was told that it was not broken and to just leave it wrapped up for a few days. We tried to take off the wrap 4 days later, and he could not even move his arm so off to the orthopedic we went. New x-rays and an orange cast later - here he is all tatted up and of course, all smiles!




So with doctor orders to keep BOTH feet on the ground at all times to allow healing to take place - this is what he does to keep himself entertained!!



************ UPDATE **************
06/01/2011

We took Dalan back to the doctor, where they removed the ORANGE cast and took more x-rays to see if the fracture would require surgery or not. The good news is that no surgery is required!! The bad news is he needs to be wrapped up for 3 more weeks. The nurse came back in to give Dalan his color options. I LOVED the orange because it served as reflective wear so I could see him at all times on our street. I was really trying to pump him up for neon green....so guess what he picked. I should have known. It is his favorite color afterall....



3 comments:

Andersons said...

I just love your little family. Dalan is such a crack up!! And he looks mighty proud of that cast...he's been working on that for a while now! :-)

Amberlee said...

oh sister you just made my day with ALL these posts. It makes me miss you guys all the more. Hope this summer we will be seeing you guys a lot more. Cali still is waiting for the day that she gets to come and live at your house. love you and those grantham cuties.

MamaMags said...

I was almost able to stop coughing long enough to laugh at this funny, funny post. I'm sure that living it hasn't been much fun, but as far as entertainment value goes....priceless! LOVE LOVE LOVE the spoon picture! I hope the next few weeks go by super quick so Dal can still have some water park fun!