Monday, December 20, 2010

"Oh no...the big Three-Oh!"

I cannot believe I am of age to be in the old lady club!


These wonderful peeps of mine threw me a fabulous surprise birthday party. I have always dreamed of a surprise party, well ok, maybe when I was like a twelve year old. However, waiting 30 years was totally worth it! All of my favorite people came and I was truly surprised!
(Up until we pulled up to pick up the Johnson's for dinner to go to our favorite restaurant Texas Roadhouse and she asked me to come in for a bit to wait for their sitter. Still didn't suspect anything until I got out of the car and glanced down the street to see a red volvo knowing there is only one of those that belongs to my friend Kirsten. I was a little tipped off, but for sure didn't expect all my friends to be there!)


We had a great night - Dinner was already waiting. Blimpie sandwiches, salad, chips, soda... and my very favorite dessert on the planet: Kirsten's home-made Brownies with chocolate frosting and a scoop of vanilla ice cream! She also made me my very own pan to take home with me, and I am pretty sure I ate the entire thing!

Lyric put together a fun "name that tune game from the 80's and 90's) It was so fun to hang out with people I love and my husband was awesome to pull this off (of course thanks to miss Brittany!)

I really have to give Brittany a shout out. You are such an amazing friend! You really made this happen and Dave willingly gives you all the credit. I love ya!

I have been told that being in your 30's means that you really seem to know who you are and are able to truly be yourself and it is like so much better than the 20's. I am hoping this is true! I am ready to be a thirty something and can say see ya later 29. Not scared at all!! I have a great life at 30. I have an amazing husband and 3 beautiful children. Life is good. No complaints from me! None.

1 comment:

Christina P. said...

I seriously can't believe I didn't even get an invite! It must have been a pretty lame partay~ Happy birthday and welcome to the club!