Thursday, June 25, 2009

Christina!

Meet my friend Christina, who has a garden, and grew zucchini and it just happened to be shaped like a "C"!





We have been friends for a super long time and I love this girl!



We might be "grown-up's!" now and call ourselves mom's...BUT we still know how to laugh and be crazy and have a good time!




Posers...in the graffiti alley, downtown Boise! (Take that St George!)



Christina and her baby Cohlee, who is a dream child!




This has been 3 years in the making to get my friend Christina to come out here to Idaho for a visit. This is the girl I talk to 14 times a day and we have been friends since we were bratty little teenagers, back in 6th grade! I LOVE this girl and everything about her!

She was supposed to be in Cabo San Lucas for the week, but her babysitting fell through the night before they were supposed to leave. She still needed a vacation and had airfare credit so she came to Idaho with her baby Cohlee. She was so sweet to spend time with my kids and spoiled them rotten, even though she was referred to as "Hey, Hey Tina!" by Dalan. Dave was so great to take the kids when he got home from work and we got a babysitter one day and had some fun girl time.



After a couple days of fun in Idaho, we loaded up the car and hit the road on our journey back to St George.





Christina is the one I turn to when I need to vent or am having a long day. She is also the one I call when I am super excited about something lame and to tell about one of my latest obsessions. She is full of ideas, advice, opinions, and is a friend that I know I can turn to any time of day. While we were in SG, Dalan had an accident in his car seat because he fell asleep...what does she do? Takes the beast apart (you know, the toddler car seats are a nightmare to wash!) She had it all taken apart, cleaned, and ready for me to go the next morning! She totally made a fat pregnant girl feel ammmmazing! First of all, she hooked me up with some cute jeans and new maternity tops! She also gave me some clothes from her baby Cohlee to my baby Khloe, her bouncer, her boppy, her breast pump, and she bought me a diaper bag and some super cute burp cloths that are too cute for baby spit up!

This is the girl who when her washing machine wasn't spinning correctly, she whips it around, takes off the back panel and proceeds to look through the owners manual to try and figure out why it isn't spinning correctly. She is seriously amazing! She is the mother to 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl, and I wish SO BADLY that we lived closer so our kids could play more!

Who is Christina??? The best girlfriend EVAH!

7 comments:

Christina P. said...

Lindsay...You forgot the best part of the whole trip...THE DRESSING ROOM!! Ha Ha! We made memories that I know we will remember forever. I loved every second of it. It was crazy to finally see where you live, meet your freinds, play with your babers, and just chill in Lindsayland. You are the hostess with the mostess(even if I didn't get chocolates and Boise Real Estate brochures on my pillows like you did for your bro)

I do think you made me sound way cooler and better than I actually am. You are the bomb diggity and I hate it cuz now I miss you more than ever!

MamaMags said...

You forgot the fact that she hooked you up with where to get those FABULOUS baby girl headbands! I didn't know she was a mechanic in addition to all of her many other talents. Now I know who to call when things break at my house! You need to enlighten us about the dressing room adventure. I have to say that you 2 could be twins,you have the same personality, and the same GENEROUS GIVING hearts!

Steph said...

How funny! My best girlfriend just left my house today after spending 6 glorious days! Your post is almost IDENTICAL to the one I will be doing in the near future, hopefully, well you know how it goes! Anyway, super cute post and aren't friends the BEST?!

KT Bundy said...

I just ran into her the other day, and she told me all about her trip up there! You guys are so lucky you stay that close!

ryanfam said...

I'm laughing hysterically at the C zucchini! What could be better unless she had grown an L!lol Looks like you girls had a great time and I'm so glad Christina got to fly out to see you. I'm hopin maybe one day when you sneak into town I may sneakily see you?! Oh, well we can wish can't we!
I love your hair btw. The length and the color, it looks really good. Tell Macie she looked adorable in her costume and I was kinda wondering if I could get one in my size? Super cute
So, the best for last... Dalan!!! Wow baby no wonder you are so dang tiny. That boy keeps you movin, but how could you deny him a thing with a face like that? The girls will be knockin:)

Andersons said...

Hooray for blog catch-ups, hooray for BFF's, hooray for Dalin peeing in a spray bottle (???) and hooray for Macie's super cute dance recital costume! You're one busy mama. :-)

Plain Jame said...

OK, I know this is going to sound funny - I found your blog because firstly, I read Kirsten Montagues blog - and I love it and can't believe what she's going through right now. She mentioned that you two were roommates in college - so I take it you knew jed? Well, I am friends with Chelsea Jones and she has you on her blog list, and I also knew Dave at Pine View. SO thats how I found you. I just realized that I"m commenting on a super old post, so I hope your comments go to your email - otherwise you'll probably never even read this.