Saturday, April 26, 2008

Welcome Back MOM!





I was greeted back by my sweet kids who were just as excited to see me as I was them! Luckily, my amazing sister took dang good care of my kids while we were away and by day 4 she flew in help from grandma and her hubby Ron drove up from SLC to help! She claims the kids were good...but 2 little three year old girls fighting and a crazy almost 2 year old and amber being prego trying to clean up messes and just survive the day, I'm not so sure. This is what I was greeted with when we got back.

Day 1: glue spilled on mom's new rug by my 3 year old Macie and help from Dalan. Un- pack time. Laundry.

Day 2: Mom in shower. Macie climbs in pantry and reaches for box of cereal. Gives to Dalan who proceeds to have a hay day and dump it all out. *Round 2* More laundry.

Day 3: Grandma Mags leaves. Mom sad. Macie and Dalan exhausted and both supppeer whiney. Washer and Dryer still going strong. Dishwasher included.

Day 4: Ready for another vacation.

Day 5: Mom makes a "Happy Good Girl" chart to try and help Macie not be so sassy, thanks Amber for the tip!

Day 6: Finally. Dad is home to help! It is a weekend and a beautiful sunny day. Had a picnic in back yard for lunch.

Oh, it's good to be back! Thanks again AMBER for coming up to take care of our rug rats and MOM it was so good to see and hang out with you. Loved having you both here and love both of your faces so so much!!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

ha ha ha! don't you love how children behave for their mommies! little stinkers! but they'll love reading those journal entries--when it happens to them! :)

Kenzie said...

Lindsay I have been blog stalking you. It is so fun to see what you are up to. Apparently you are having a lot more fun than I am. Spoiled girl:) I don't remember what it was like to go on vacation. Since going on a trip with kids is NOT a vacation. Your family is SO cute. And I am so jealous that you got to meet Jenni from the bachelor. Love that show. Are you watching the new one? It's a goodie. I left a comment a while ago I think on your Easter post, but I don't know if you ever read it. Just thought I would say hi!

The Grantham Family said...

Kenzie if you check this again...invite me to read and view your blog! I am so happy you found me...I would love to see you and your darling fam. email me @ lindsay_grantham@yahoo.com

Yours Truly!

Broadhead Family said...

Hello, Lindsay and Dave.
This is Rod. I happened to see your blog on someone else's. I have got to tell you your mom is my favorite. I love when she comes over for family dinners. I know it sounds cheezy but I am always so glad when she comes. She also keeps me updated on you and Dave. Anyway, I'll see you guys later. Who knows when that will be, but tell Dave I said hi.

Rod

Andersons said...

Welcome back! Vacations wouldn't be as awesome as they are if kids were angels all the time, am I right? Looks like you guys had a blast on the cruise!

mccall... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mccall... said...

Hey blog Stalker! It was good to hear from you. Your family is cute and your vacation sounded amazing. We're heading to Cabo in a week... no kids!!! Stop by anytime - I'm glad you're not private either! McCall

kourtney said...

Welcome Back! Looks like you had a blast and it was a fantasy. Then your bubble popped and you were back in reality. Kids...what can you do?

Marla said...

I stinkin miss your cute ass you look so HOT! I must start running or something before you get me in a suit. I need a vacation without kids. We just got back from the craft show without kids last week but that was not a vacation I am talking somewhere like a cruise or mexico or Hawaii. Glad you enjoyed yourself and welcome back to the sad world of reality.

Hillary Redd said...

consider your dirty work done. (maeg's blog), I really can't say that I feel bad for you coming home to such crazyness, you were in the caribean for heaven's sake. Looks like you had a ton of fun. You look so cute, where are you getting those cute dresses, seriously.

Love ya