Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Do we truly teach by example...

Picture this. My litte girl pulls down her pants, takes a squat and pees on my doorstep. YES, I was outside, however, not watching my children. I was way more engulfed in my magazine at the time. Next thing I know, Dalan is splashing in a puddle. It didn't dawn on me that it was pee...until a few minutes after the fact. Just barely, kids are outside playing, roaming free in the backyard where it is fully fenced in. I take a peek out the window to see Macie look around and to her satisfaction mom is nowhere to be found so she continues to once again take a squat and attempt to pee in the grass. BUSTED!

This reminds me of our cute little neighbor boy Connor Peterson a couple of years ago who lived across the street from us in St. George. Dave & I were outside and totally saw him take a leak in the bushes. He was maybe 4. Atleast, he was discreet...and the fact that he is a boy makes it a little more acceptable in my eyes for some reason.

Maybe, it was my poor example when I had to pee sooooo bad and we were on a bumpy road with no toilets in sight. I made Dave pull over so I could pee in the snow and now I am pretty sure my little Macie tot thinks it is totally normal to pee outside. I guess like mother, like daughter!!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Hularious! Yeah I had to pull over to pe once on my way to St. George. You do what ya gotta do! At least I have boys!

Erin said...

That's hilarious! It's funny because just yesterday on a very busy road in Salt Lake a lady was taking a pee on some grass next to the road we were driving down. She wasn't trying to be discrete at all! I couldn't believe it! I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Christina P. said...

That is really funny. I hope you washed Dalan's hands.

The Parks said...

Ok so peeing outside must be a pretty strong jean in you Parks! Rob will have a closer walk to the toilet and will still choose to go outside... Drives me crazy, blames it on your dad! If Brecken gets that jean to.... Oh dear!

Steph said...

Gotta say I am not surprised that you witnessed such an event outside of my house. I'm not proud, and definitely not surprised!

jaesi said...

your a good mom....pee and all!

krista said...

k that is really funny that macie did that. jax did that the other day in the backyard, & i ran in to get my camera. now i have one funny picture of him peeing on the fence!