Saturday, April 26, 2008

A much needed vacation!






Dave and I just got back from our cruise to the Caribbean. It was soooo what we needed. As cheesy as it may sound, it was so good to be in the middle of the ocean with no cell phone and no work, okay and no kids. We needed this trip badly and it was so good for Dave & I to re-connect and enjoy some "us" time! We went with our good friends that we met here in Boise, the Buhrley's (who are losers and moving to California in June for more school!) and also met a new couple that they went to dental school with, the Hammond's, (who we thought were so great and hysterically entertaining NATE!) We had such a great trip and enjoyed just lounging around sipping some ice cold...diet coke's and a daily bowl of fresh fruit. Let's not forget the countless cookies and ice cream and all the other crap that they have to sucker you in. We definitely got our money's worth in food!

 



This was our first day on the ship. Vacation begins! Check out that dessert...I sure got used to that and now my pants are hugging my butt suuuuupppppperrrrr tight! Dang.
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa





OKAY OKAY OKAY, this is an embarassing highlight of my trip. I have to admit that I was pretty star struck, I'm not going to lie! If any of you watch "The Bachelor" and remember just last year's Brad...when he left not one, but TWO girls hanging...well, I am now friends with Jenni! Not really friends, but I can say that we had lunch together! I saw this girl on day 2 and said, "that looks just like Jenni" then we saw her a few days later and I had to ask! YEP...it was her! We saw her the next day at the beach and I approached her yet again. It was fun to talk to her and ask her questions and she was totally nice, and gorgeous too! She asked us to play volleyball with them and we met her boss and co-workers, who just happens to be a dentist from Arizona (where the Hammond's live) and is married to a girl from Boise and they are LDS. Too funny!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Oh that is soooo hilarious! We would've been star struck too! We totally where on the edge of our seat with that season of Bachelor! Can't believe he turned her down. She is unbelievably gorgeous!

Brittany said...

how fun! your hair is getting long! that's funny you played volleyball with jenni from the batchelor! wow--you do it all lin!

krista said...

How funny! I loved Jenni from the Bachelor, she's the one I wanted to win. Love all the pictures, I'm glad you got to get away for a bit!

jaesi said...

Oh man...envious!!! What FUN!
We are planning on going on a cruise next year to celebrate no more navy!

jaesi said...

oh and p.s......you are beautiful! hot dang...

Maegan said...

I am so jealous, it looks like you guys had so much fun! You are so freakin cute!! You look awesome.

Malaree said...

Hey Linds! I am so glad, but so jealous, to see that you guys had so much fun on your cruise! You definitely deserve it because you are wonder woman! Grandma told me that you ran into Connie and the gang at the mall! Isn't it so crazy how small of a world it is? I am jealous that you met Jenni! She was my favorite from the very start and I just loved her! I thought she would win for sure. Now that you guys are friends, maybe we could all be friends ha ha! Love ya!

stefanie said...

Who's the hot mama?! Oh MY!! I am sooooo jealous! It looks like you guys had a blast and you look FABULOUS! Glad you had so much fun, you definitely deserve it!