Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Cards and the stress of it all!

I will tell you why I am so bitter this year about my Christmas cards. My really good friend Amber Buhrley makes her Christmas cards year after year....as do many of you! More power to you girls!!! I thought about it and said, I like the print your cards at Costco machines and go type of card...you still get the cute picture. So, then Amber proceeds to show me the cute paper she had just purchased to make her cards. That sold me and it actually seemed a little fun to put them together. She talked me into making my own cards as well this year.

It took some time to cut, glue, fold, and create, however, they were all made with love! HA! I was so thrilled to have completed the task and they were all addressed, stamped, and ready to drop off at the post office. I took them in because I needed to mail a package and I was informed that the "bumps" which were really brads and sooooo cute, were going to cost me an additional .17 per card. Do the math and times that by 65 cards plus the already .41 stamp on there....and paper, embellishments, pictures, and TIME! Okay, so I just needed to vent about this little tradition that we all make ourselves crazy over. I think I overdid it this year and for all of those of you are on my address list....dont fool yourself and I hope this isn't a trap because I will not be making my cards every single year. I will simply create a Christmas message with an updated letter on our family and enclose a picture. amen.

Much love to you all and Merry Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Michael said...

Costco makes cards for a reason, so we don't have to! I'm sure they are adorable, way to much work for my taste. By the way someone has a little birthday coming up!!!

Hillary Redd said...

Yeah that's me above, I always comment under Michael's name and don't realize it until I post it. Haven't figured out how to fix that yet.

amber buhrley said...

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

jaesi said...

This is the very first year I did cards and all because they came a package when I got the kids pictures done. And when did the stamp go to 41 cents?! I put 39 ones on all mine and had to add 1 cent stamps to them all...better than 60 cents though right?

brit said...

Yeah on the Birthday reminder...thanks Hillary. Lindsay, you go girl! But, I'm with you. I always try to be creative and do something "special" and end up hating myself in the process. I like the letter the best anyways. Its so fun to hear people re-cap on the year. By the way, when someone convinces you that c.d.s are great....forget about it. Same as cards, too much work! Love ya though.

Brittany said...

ha ha ha! i can't WAIT to see them! Maybe I'll save it so you don't feel bad about next yrs...why does everything have to cost so dang much! loved your email today by the way. you are way too cute. loveya

ashley said...

I LOVED your card! If it makes you feel any better the first thing that came to mind was that they were probably a lot of work and I noticed the additional stamp! DARLING picture it was perfect, how did you manage that?

Brittany said...

Thanks for the card, Linds! I know you went through a lot of work, and it was adorable. The family picture was cute, I can't believe how big the kids are getting... We might take you up on that offer to come visit soon, we'd love to see you guys.