Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Birthday Wishes!

This is just a shameless shout out to muah! It has been a great day. There is something great about having your very own special day to pamper yourself (pedicure thanks to my friend Kirsten...oh and for keeping my kids all day long!)

It all started at 5 am with my friends picking me up promptly at 5:10 for what I thought was going to be a great work out. Instead, Lindsie turned the wrong way and said,"I am high jacking your workout!" We went to IHOP instead where Shelly was waiting and Krista & Krissy showed up a little later. Breakfast instad of squats. Sold!

I just have to end this post with the best line yet in Lindsie McDaniel's card:

"Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous relaxing birthday. Take a break from being an incredible wife and mother and just be an okay one today!"

Taking that advice to heart.

ps. Thanks to all those who know me so well and for all the "dark!" chocolate I could ever dream of...my thighs thank you for that!

For an additional shout out and flash back see here

10 comments:

The Parks said...

Happy Birthday Lins!!!! What a fun relaxing day! Hope it was great! Love the flashback pictures... your sandals with socks are classic!!! Happy Birthday!!!

amber buhrley said...

check my blog! Sorry again about the no phone call! I was thinking of you though and hope you had a terrific day!

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

Lindsay! Happy Belated Birthday! We are getting old and totally deserve relaxing days! You still look as gorgeous as ever! Love ya:)
jaimelee

Skinner Family said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I love the pics of you and christina. Have a great christmas!

Michael said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It wouldn't be from me if it wasn't belated right? It's kind of my thing (forgetting everyone I possibly know birthdays's). Hmm you think after 20 yrs, I would remember. Love you hope you had a wonderful birthday you old fart!

Michael said...

Crap. not Michael, Hillary.

Krissy said...

Happy Birthday!! I am glad you had such a fun and relaxing day!

Steph said...

OH MY GOSH! I forgot to send you a birthday SHOUT OUT!!!! I am so glad you shouted yourself to remind me! My birthday alarm even sent me an email in advance. I am such a space cadet:) Hope you had a fantastic birthday!!!!!!!!

Michael and Tiffany Harper said...

Happy birthday linds!! I fully intended on calling you! I suck, I know!! I'll make it up to you on our girls weekend!!

The Kings said...

Hey how are you??? You have a beautiful family! I just found your blog and thought I'd say hi- you look great!