Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our road trip to Nephi, St George, Las Vegas, back to St. George, Nephi, Salt Lake, and finally back home!!!

The reason for this road trip was because Dave's little brother Josh got married to his cute new wife Lexy! It was such a beautiful wedding and she seems like a really great girl. This was our second time meeting her and she was so great. Again, the buggy thing about living so far away. I will say though that Josh is one lucky guy!!













Here is a collage of the fun at the reception!

 
Posted by Picasa



Here is a collage of the fun at the temple!


 
Posted by Picasa



Cousins that we love and miss like crazy! Macie has little Cali, they are 6 months apart and she absolutely worships Briqelle, who just turned 8. Dalan has little/runt Brecken, and the two boys are 5 months apart. It couldn't have worked out more perfect, EXCEPT we had to move to Idaho and now the cousins are soooo far away. SLC and St. George. I used to think that I could get them to one day move this way, but it isn't looking good. Mama mags bought a condo in SG and Amber and her new hubby just bought a house in Holiday! C'mon guys....lets re-consider this!














I gave my good friend Christina a baby shower because she has 3 boys and is having her 4th baby, and YAE for her it is a girl! We had a great turn out. She has a lot of really great friends and one super duper great friend who went above and beyond to make sure that this baby Cholee would be super spoiled. Your welcome.
I can't take all the credit so there is a diclaimer *** Tara is the bomb. Deana is also the bomb. BUT Christina is the hot prego blonde bomb shell! *** Check out those swolen feet, or are they swolen yet??? JK



 
Posted by Picasa




The adventures of getting us home! I was so ready to get back to Idaho after being gone for a week. Right when I put the kids in the car, they immediately zonked out, thankfully. I was on I-15 right by the downtown/temple square exit when my car started beeping and flashing "check tire pressure!" YEP...I blew a front tire and it was awful. I was all the way to the left and needed to cross 5 lanes of traffic to pull over. Holy Crap! Robby to the rescue. Luckily he was up helping my sister move and thanks to Brit for coming to keep me company. What a scare. The worse part was that the night before, I dropped my cell phone in the sink of running water (this isn't the first time) and said a prayer that my phone would even turn on. Whoo Hoo, someone was watching over me that day.







18 comments:

Allison said...

The tire thing would have been so scary! It's one of my worst fears. It looks like you had a great time and it totally explains your blogging absence. I'm glad you are back home safe and I look forward to more posts! Wahoo summer is finally here(maybe)! We are heading to SG a week from yesterday. I'm excited! 5 weeks today and baby Seth will be making his debut! Wahoo for me!!!

Marla said...

You know the best part of your trip was seeing me in Wal-Mart! Glad to have you back safe and sound.

The Parks said...

Holy Moly look at those two cute boys getting into so much trouble!!! I love that picture where there on the rocking chair and when there banging on that gate! Oh so cute!!! We miss you already and are so so glad that your phone worked! (And i demand you to take that disgusting picture of you and I down!!!! Eww!!!)

Christina P. said...

Finally a new post!! Thanks so much for the wonderful shower!! um....how about you get rid of the fat ankle picture. They are not swollen, thats how they always look!!!!!

Steph said...

Man that looks like a close call! Glad you are all safe and sound. Looks like the trip was worth it!

jaesi said...

Great pics. Lexi Heideman? She is such a cutie.
I got a flat tire too a few days ago. It was NOT fun but I wasnt on the freeway, sorry you were.

Vera said...

I wish I could have seen you while you were here. Britney said your chldren are adorable!!!

I really wanted to discuss the Diana phenom with you....

Brittany said...

Cute pictures Lins!!!

Linds said...

How fun! I'm so sad that you came clear to St George and I didn't even see you! Did you know Christina is hopefully going to be my new neighbor...YAY! I'm so excited! I'm glad you had a fun trip!

mickell said...

Hi Lindsay! So fun to see your blog, your darling babies, & what you've been up to! I feel like I have found so many old SG friends through McCalls blog. I agree, blogging is such an addiction but so fun! Looks like you are doing awesome & so happy. Thanks for commenting on my blog, you're sweet & i'm definitley going to have check your blog now :)

Pam said...

Oh, scary about the tire! Glad it worked out for you.

Linds said...

LINS!!! I can't believe that you didn't stop!!! I'm so sad!!! I promise that I'm not that scary...you better stop by the next time your in town!!!

kourtney said...

Okay, so I am sad that I didn't get to see you at the Salt Lake stop. Oh well, I'm even more sad that my life turned upside down the week of the shower and I didn't get to make it. Whenever you want to shop, let me know. As for the car payment, didn't change. Can't complain.

Kortney Manning said...

Fun times! My lil' sisters adore you! They always peek at your blog through mine :) I wish we could share the sunshine...we have plenty down here!! Take care

Amy said...

super cute! your kids are getting so big and they are just beautiful! Looks like a fun trip!

Stacey said...

Hi! I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog (maybe through Liz Katchner via Creating Keepsakes magazine...I'm somewhat of a scrapbooker) Anyways, I was looking at your pics from the baby shower and really like the invites and was wondering if you made those yourself or ordered those from somwhere? I am planning a baby shower for my sister and am looking for any & all ideas so anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated (you can e-mail me at csfish@roadrunner.com). Thanks, take care - Stacey
Mom to Ellie(10)Anna(7) & Ross (3)

Kenzie said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment. I didn't know about your dad. I am so sorry! It is so hard losing a parent. I am glad you had a new baby to help keep your mind elsewhere. The next time that you are in St. George we have to get together. I would love to see ya. I am sure when you are here it is madness, but we could take the kiddos to the park and chat.

Brittany said...

Lins, I am so glad you got to see Chris! Sounds like you guys had a very eventful trip... Can you believe we have 3 kids, and better than that all boys???? Crazy! And, yes, Dalan will give you a run for your money... boys are exhausting(sp)!