Monday, March 10, 2008

A much needed get away...

This is the cabin that Dave arranged for our family to stay in. A cabin....more like a resort house in the woods with snow! It truly was so great to be in such a remote area with our kids and each other. The best anniversary yet for us!

We took the kids sledding and they had the best time! I LOVE this picture of my two fav boys!

Cute sweet Macie girl

Hubba Bubba
Dave-a-licious

We had such a great weekend. Dave surprised me with a trip to his friend's cabin in Donnley (an hour and a half away!) It is 10 miles from this town called McCall that is somewhat comparable to Park City, UT...just much smaller. This cabin (so they call it, but really it is a home away from home) was just finished being built this year. We had the best time with our kids and it was so good to get away, even if it was just over night! We took the kids sledding and four wheeling and ate at a Mexican restaurant in McCall for dinner. The next morning, we took our kids to The Pancake House (thanks Kirsten!) and ordered the kids chocolate chip pancakes...I felt like we were on vacation so I said what the heck! What a great way to celebrate our anniversary and even better that our kids were with us! I told Dave, "I am happiest when on vacation....maybe we need to invest in a cabin, or maybe we should just start with a four wheeler!"

10 comments:

Kirsten Brockner said...

Good to see you enjoying the SNOW here in Idaho! You're kids look cute in snow gear.
what's up with "dave-a-licious"?!:)

brit said...

How freakin fun. We've been invited to spend COnference weekend at a BEAUTIFUL cabin in park City and I was not all that excited about it....but I think we'll have to go now. Thanks for the encouragement. (Its where we spent our Honeymoon....what was I thinking NOT going?)

Allison said...

How fun! I think vacations are nice. Once you get there!!! It's the packing and unpacking that I hate. We are going to St. George next weekend and I'm EXCITED! Glad to see you all have a good ol family fun day!

Malaree said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love that picture of Dave & Dalan and I just can't believe how much Macie looks just like you and Dalan looks like Dave... I LOVE IT! I miss you guys we need to visit soon :) Love you all and I can't believe you let your children eat CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES... ha ha you are the funniest!

Pam said...

I love McCall and I LOVE the Pancake House even more! That place is so yummy! And an old boyfriend used to call me Pam-a-licious...too funny.

amber buhrley said...

Cute snow gear! Glad you had a good time! Dave seems as good of taking pictures of you as Matt is of me!

kourtney said...

Sounds like a blast. I need a get-away, but I think right now I am needing to feel the heat of the sun. I need Andy to take notes from Dave and just arrange this without me.

krista said...

Looks like a fun little getaway. I have never been to McCall, but that sounds like so much fun right now. I have been wanting to go sledding all winter!

jaesi said...

How fun! I am so jealous of a getaway! And happy 6 years to you!!! 2 of the cutest kids around and a happy marriage..you gots to be proud!

Brittany said...

wow! that looks like a blast! happy anniversary! dave is so good to you! i love the pic of macie babe, she's looking so grown up! where were you hot mama? i saw no pics of your cute face that i miss so very much!