Friday, July 9, 2010

Baseball Hitter

I had to pick up one of Macie's little friends at a baseball game and Dalan was very intrigued. He requested that I let him play with a "baseball hitter" when we get home, most often referred to as: a bat.

Shoot. This makes me feel bad. Dave has never really introduced sports to the boy. (This is totally the dad department!) I do however, have to give Dave credit for this. Now, this is more Dalan's style:



If you need an allen wrench, Dal is the guy. He can use a screwdriver like no other 3 year old can! (He has even taken off my cabinet door, one screw at a time all by himself!) Impressive right.

He was serious about a baseball hitter.

He was quietly "playing" upstairs in his room. He came down with this:



Strategic little boy. He took all his clothes off the hanging "stick" in his closet and he had himself a baseball hitter he could call his own. Now for a ball.

Ding, ding, ding!! Khloe has a toy that has little plastic balls that spin around...he knew just where to go. Ok. Ready. Set. PLAY BALL!

That very day, I went to the Dollar Store (What, I had to see if it was for him first!) Dave finally took him in the backyard and they played some baseball and he didn't stop smiling!!!


That is one handsome little baseball boy with a real bat! (although it is plastic, hopefully it doesn't turn into a weapon...)

4 comments:

MamaMags said...

LAUGHED.OUT.LOUD. I love that he was so inventive! Not so fun for you to have to put all the clothes back in the closet, but still. Looks like he is hitting the ball already, and how can you put a price on that SMILE!! PRICELESS

camandholls said...

he is so cute!! That campfire is the best!!

A bit about our little family... said...

HAHAHA!!! He is so cute! i would have never thought in a million years to use the clothes rod! So cute! I'm glad he has found a new love, and maybe sometime when I need a handy man around the house I'll have to give him a call!

Amberlee said...

I was so excited to see more than one post! Your back, great! I love Dalan.... there is nobody quite like him, nobody! He is a thinker, and so creative. Whoever would have thought to do something like that? He may be an inventor someday, this is good for you, you will be well taken care of EH. Loved all the posts and I can't belive how long your hair is.. ARe you growing it out? Cute 4th outfits, cute kids! miss them and love em.. I'll be callin ya later