Friday, September 11, 2009

Khloe's Birth

Meet Khloe



Our Dream Baby!
This is what she does.....sleepy sleepy sleep! I sit and snuggle and love on her all day long!
The story goes a little somethin' like this:

We were lucky enough to be able to pick Khloe's birthday thanks to a little thing called inducing labor, which was great! Dr. Agrusa scheduled this for one week before my due date. This was scheduled a few months back and then I was able to book a flight for Mama Mags to come out here so she could be here for the birth and to help with Macie & Dalan.

August 25th: Mama Mags makes her scheduled arrival and is here by 7pm so we have time to get settled, laugh and play with the kids...and gear up for the next day. Of course Macie and Dalan were thrilled and couldn't wait to have their Bumma here for an entire week!

August 26th, Khloe's Birthday: We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 am. I checked in and said, "Hi, I am here to give birth today!" I was given a little paperwork, asked about insurance, asked about a living will..blah blah blah... Next thing I knew, nurse Kari was there to show us the way! She wasted no time and had me dress in the maternity gown that exposes my everything, and she asked her medical ?'s and did her thing. I had an iv in by 8:00 am, then the pitossin started pumping and the contractions started contracting. They were bearable for the first little bit. Dr. Agrusa was there to greet us first thing in the am with to break my water. This was at 8:30 am. GUSH...gross I know. The nurse explained the epidural procedure and I knew I had a 20 minute window to allow all the fluids to drip in my body...At 9:00 am, I was ready for the fluids and then the epidural was put in by 9:30. I was dilated to a 4 . For about 45 minutes, I thought I was going to die...and the pain was awful. I was watching the clock tick tock tock. Finally, my dream man came in with a HUGE needle in hand. Pinch, burn, and aaagghhhh....relief was on it's way, epidural style. I could no longer feel pain. I was able to relax and breathe again. I couldn't feel pain, just pressure and within 45 minutes I was at a 10 and ready to push. 3 x and there she was...

Khloe Lin Grantham
10:53 am
6 lbs 12 oz
19 1/2 inches
TONS of black hair, evenly distributed!


She is sooooo great. I am the happiest mama ever!



We are a happy family!



Thank you to Mama Mags:
I could have never survived that first week without this woman, my mom! She was so great. She took care of Macie & Dalan so I could sit and snuggle and enjoy my baby without interruption. She did it all. Cooked, cleaned, laundry, dishes, bathed the kids, got them to bed, and everything in between! I owe her so much. When I dropped her off at the airport; myself, Macie, and Dalan were all in tears...literally balling. Miss you mom!





August 27th: Coming home. This is a great story! My mom and I decide to get in my car with all the kids, mama mags at the wheel. Dave is following right behind us. We get about 2 blocks from home and my mom says, "your transmission is going out. The car won't go." Panic. SO, we pull over on the side of the road...and realize we totally ran out of gas. WOW! Nice timing for this, right! It is a hot summer day...so we quickly load all the kids up in Dave's car and leave him on the side of the road to wait for rescue!




Khloe is a girl version of Dalan:



Poor Macie. She got stuck with the fair skin and light hair like her mama. Cute sisters, a blondie and a brownie!!



She has found her thumb. I already have a thumb sucker so we are trying to MAKE her take a binky!!!



Isn't she beautiful? We think so...










24 comments:

stefanie said...

Love this post! She is perfect and I was thinking that she looked like her big brother!! So, so darling! You guys make some stinkin' cute kids! I'm glad your mom was there to help, what would we do without 'em seriously!?!
Glad everything went well! Hope you're feeling good! She's a perfect little doll!!!

The Foisy's said...

Now you have to update that picture!! She is adorable Lindsey!! What an interesting story to read. Funny about the gas running out though. lol So happy for you guys!!

The Park Family said...

Lindsay, I am in love with her. I am so glad that she is here and that she is so healthy. I am glad that you finally got an epidural. It is almost like the heavens open up and the angels are singing when that man with the big needle walks into the room. Hopefully Travis and I can make it up when you name her!! LOVE YA

brit said...

YAY! congrats. how do you have time to blog, mama? take care and enjoy her immobility as long as you can. I wish i was snugglin her RIGHT NOW!
XOXOXO

amber buhrley said...

So so so so cute. Sorry I had to cut our conversation short yesterday. I am dying to talk to you and hear how things are going. Happy for the updated post and pictures of baby khloe! Congrats again and I will call soon. Currently laying in bed with contractions. Hmm? Never know?

The Nance Family said...

Congratulations, I can't believe you have three kids. You have the sweetest family and you'll be laughing for many years about running out of gas! :)

The Parks said...

OH MY GOSH!!! She is soooo perfect! I want to come hold her! Rob told me that she is like a dream child! I'm pretty sure Dalan was a dream baby at first... haha j/k! Can't wait to see you guys

Amberlee said...

Well sista its about time. I have been dyin to see some pics. She is a mini Dal for sure. I can not wait to snuggle her. We will be there soon, I hope the Grantham B&B is ready for B.S family to invade ya. She is so perfect!!!

MamaMags said...

Laughing out loud here remembering all the crazy fun, especially running out of gas. "Mom the Mechanic" was just glad it was something as simple as no gas. When transmissions go out that's scary/expensive. I am just GLAD Dave was with us and we could leave him to "deal with it". I miss you guys, but can't wait for the blessing. ALL the grandkids better be there, 'cause I want pictures!!! Christina P.... are you listening?

Andersons said...

Sweet baby Khloe! I just want to eat her up. And you look way too perky to have just pushed out a baby.

I'm betting the first words out of your mouth after giving birth was,"Yes! Six more co-op tickets!"

Pam said...

congrats Lindsay! She is adorable.

shel said...

She really IS beautiful!!!
The stories are the best...especially the running out of gas. You'll remember that forever. Glad you are enjoying the snuggling, you lucky ducky!

Steph said...

Ahhhh. Love the details! You are born to give birth I SWEAR! You have the fastest deliveries EVER! Even with an induction! I endured three FULL months of contractions and false alarm labor drills and STILL waited an entire day (with my induction) for Brayden to make his TRUE debut!
I love the running out of gas story too. It seems like something like that happens with all of our birth stories as well. Flat tire with Conner, no car with Brayden (we had to borrow our neighbor's) and Lewis almost didn't have a dad with us due to traveling constraints! Funny, funny!

mickell said...

What a sweetie!! She's so cute. Reading your post made me excited (instead of super nervous like I have been) for my 3rd..... thanks for that. Congrats!!!!

ryanfam said...

I was laughin my freakin butt off! Oh, how I miss you and I really DON'T like the idaho plate I saw on your car that ran out of gas with the kiddo's.
Khole is so beautiful and I love that Macie looks like your mom(i think anywayz). The comments about your mom made me cry too(that you guys were crying). She is a great great lady.
Congrats again Linz. Khole is so beautiful and I am so happy for all of you that she is so happy and healthy

Hey, great idea... I should just ride in the car with bumma mags for a friendly visit and some TLC of the momma and kids!!!!

Maegan said...

She is so beautiful, love her dark skin! I am so glad everything went fast and well for you, sounds like she is an angel baby. Congratulations!!

Amber Lynn said...

for starters, its nice to see you are alive.. been trying to reaach you. Khloe is beautiful!!!! look at all that hair! I want one..lol You look so beautiful! congrats to you and your cute family, if there is anything I can do, please let me know

Krissy said...

Congrats! She is a doll!

Kat said...

Inductions are the best huh?!! I have had both my girls scheduled and hope to do it no other way...except mine have never been that quick! Mom's are the best to step in and help out so much! She is so cute! Congrats...and you are not supposed to look that good after just having her!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Congrats! She is so cute! Landon was born with little chocolate hair but now it is blonde so you never know! :) Glad you are doing so good and you have your baby to be cozy with! :)

Brittany said...

She's so cute... She does look like Dave and Dalan! Congratulations!

KT Bundy said...

your not supposed to look that good after having a baby, but congrats. I have a young man we can set them up together in the future!

Vera said...

Lindsay, she is beautiful, just like you. Congrats.

Skinner Family said...

So cute!!! Seriously adorable!!! I can't wait to meet her!! I am so glad everything went so smoothly for ya!!!