Sunday, October 5, 2008

So a little bit of this...yep the never ending strippin!



Mixed with a little bit of this....yep many rolls of duct tape!



= Some Spider Man action on a cute little bum...



Let's not forget the headband, which is Dalan's favortie accessory!



Dalan's potty chart! He could care less about the stickers, he just wants the skittles and M&M's!





I guess I need to come to the realization that when my two year old has NO desire to wear diapers...and WANTS to use the potty...that I need to suck it up and do the potty training thing, (which I have been dreading ever since I potty trained my last one!) I thought it was the worse part of parenting, until I had a self-taught on my hands! After stripping for all these months, and many rolls of duct tape, I guess the day came when he would now be a BIG BOY! Horray for Dalan. It was a great weekend and being that it was General Conference, we were home bound and bummin around! We turned our day into a Conference Potty-Party! Capri Suns, popsicles, milk, water, juice, cookies, candy, skittles, M&M's, and success! I am not going to lie, we had our fair share of accidents BUT he is on his way and now I can return the $40 box of diapers I just bought at Costco!!!!

19 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

Oh, that's such a relief to not have to spend so much on diapers each month!

Andersons said...

Good job mama! Take that $40 and go party!

Amberlee said...

I would like to book you for potty training our son on Monday, Sep. 2010, he will be 2 then. The deposit is in the mail. A-Maze-n!

The Foisy's said...

Oh man, I dread the days! That is just too funny! I can't believe he takes his diaper off. Well at least he's cuter than cute! He's a doll so I bet you don't get too angry at him.

ryanfam said...

Yah Dal! How awesome is he at 2? Little stud muffin! Congrats Linz on returning those diapers. Nothing better then throwin some undies in the wash and savin a whole lotta cash in the diaper department. More costco money for yummy treats!

Brittany said...

Cute! wow, way to go dal! i seriously cannot believe what a big boy he's gotten--bummed i've never met teh crazy kid! :( but it sure is nice when they WANT to go potty! yippee!! (time for another one!) ;)

Serenity said...

Wow, so there is hope that potty training does not always have to be a nightmare! What a cute little guy!! Good for both of you :)

stefanie said...

Oh, that is seriously the best feeling to have them potty trained! Nice work girl...and Dalan! Adios diapers...what a relief!

Allison said...

Yeah I've been slacking on ny number 2 too! I really need to kick in gear. Carter was easy so I don't know why I'm scared. I just don't have lots of time right now. I'm going to do it though!

amber buhrley said...

Your probably bummed to have to potty train him because it wasn't long ago you trained the older one. Way to go and best of luck!

AJ said...

I just have to lave a comment. I have been blog stalking you for quite some time. Then I turned around last week and saw you in my parenting class. It was like seeing a celebrity. I love your blog. You are an awesome mom and have a beautiful family. Katie can attest that I'm not a wacko out stalking you. I just found you following one friends blog links to another to another and there you were. Katie got quite the laugh when I told her I saw this girl in my class that i have been blog stalking. I guess you use to stalk her. Small world.

brit said...

okay, stop rubbing it in. i am BACK in diaper mode and this little stinker poops more than the other two combined, im sure of it. LUCKY YOU! (you know what they say about mormon women who have potty trained their youngest child? another must be on the way. got somethin to tell us, linds?)

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

Yay! I will be calling you with a lot of questions as soon as hudson turns 2 in a couple months! I am scared. I can't lie:)

Vera said...

I wish I had a potty chart...

Kirsten Brockner said...

Yeah for Dallan!! (Probably not so easy on your trip though. )
Scarlett is ALL trained on the pee part. Still working on the poo..
Scarlett is missing Macie bad also!! Everyday since we've been back she wants to "play Macie".

The Jones' said...

Hooray for potty training! Linds I dont think I ever got your email to send you an invite to my blog. Send it to me if ya want:) Hope you are doing good! chel_jones@hotmail.com

Kat said...

I agree, potty training was the worst! And mia was taolly like Dalan, always taking off her own diaper and even getting through the tape that we circled her with. And nice to get the 40 bucks back!

Steph said...

Seriously! I can't believe the duct tape. You have some major dirt on this kid when he gets older!

ashley said...

I just love their little bums in the new unders for the first time! So cute and congrats that is always a relief!