Monday, August 13, 2007

This is this and that is that...

So it has been a very long time since I have blah'ed about nothin...but I seriously haven't had much to say. Okay here goes:

My 2 1/2 year old Macie girl is so sweet, sassy, mean, nice, and suffers from multiple personality syndrome: Lately, I have had it with her. This is my cry for HELP from anyone who has a word of advice from a frustrated mama. Macie has been on this kick where she is hitting and pushing other kids. Not to mention she has slapped me in the face a few times. To be honest, my initial reaction is to get so angry and I wanna hit back, but I refrain...most of the time! I have swatted her butt a few times and she says, "Aaaagghhhh mama....my butt." It breaks my heart and I am trying the Supernanny tactics to do the time-out thing and also the love and logic book teaches about choices. I tell ya what...this 2 year old stage is for sure the hardest so far. HELP ME!

I have been feeling the pants get a little snugger...and the sugar craving just keeps kicking in (I swear by the time 3:00 hits...I am a crazy person searching for chocolate) I have been buying the 100 calorie packs of little cakes so I don't feel quite as guilty...but I have to say I would so rather have a Little Debbie's Brownie and they are only a $1.12 verses $3.59 for less calories. What to do?

Anyway, I have been going to the aerobic classes at the YMCA and LOVE them! I finally signed up for Child Watch where before I was going early at like 7 am. So...the buggy thing is this: I don't get to the gym until 10:00 and don't get home until 11:30-12...there goes half my day. In fact, it is 5:22 and I am still in my workout clothes. What is my deal? I have just been in a funk lately.

Dave has been calling me Eor (spelling) from "Winnie the Pooh" ya know his famous line...."Thanks for noticin." I have to laugh, but it is so true. I guess with the whole potty training bit (success!) switching Dalan to milk and off a bottle to a sippy cup, taking the rails down off Macie's big girl bed (and having her fall out a few times) has left me in a funk that I am dying to get out of.

We are heading out this week for a much needed family vacation to SLC. My family will meet us up there to do the Lagoon thing. I am not sure if you know how excited I am about this! I really need a rollercoaster ride...a real one!

Anyway, life goes on and I keep trying to remember to take it one day at a time.

6 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Lindsay - I'm not a parent, therefore I have no advice. But, from what all my friends say - time out is a good thing.

Have fun in SLC!

brit said...

You are such a sweetie! My philosophy is that when things are that bad, its not the kid that is needing the time out....its MOMMY! Tell Dave to have a nice "Daddy night" and go have Sushi with your girlfriends. Wish I were there or you were here and I would take you!!!! But, serious, time out is good....or, let her friends hit back and see how she likes that. Did I just say that? Nice Montessori philosophy, there, aint it? Ha, ha.....I better stop before I get turned in. You are a darling mommy with darling kids and I think just the fact that you are getting in to the work out clothes proves that you are not in a FUNK. Funk is when you dont get out of the jammies....trust me, I know funk and funk is what sent my boys and I Straight back to Dayspring begging for a job!

Allison said...

Linz you are so freaking cute! I wish I was in a working out funk and eating 100 calorie packs! You are the best! Being a Mom is never going to be easy. At least I don't think so. Carter is 4 and was always the perfect baby and now is trying out all kinds of ways to make me mad. Right now it's saying bad words!!! Just wait for that one to come along. It's fun!! We have been spanking a little after many attempts of time out! Sometimes I've even smacked his mouth when he sticks his tounge out or calls me stupid. It's so hard to slap hands and say no hitting! I think in Macies case time out might be the best bet until she grows out of it. Every kids is so different. I agree with Brit though. Mommy's need time out too!

ashley said...

Hey Lindsay!
I am so glad to have found you!! Your kids are DARLING! Sorry but I was laughing while I was reading your posts, oh how I can relate:)Super Nanny does have the best advice.
So where in Ohio did Dave serve? We are in Cleveland until May 08 which will be Kayse's graduation from Podiatry school aka foot and ankle Dr., we are so excited to be done! We have been here for 3 years so far and have had a blast! It is been the best experience for us.
We are doing awesome how about you guys? What has been going on with you and the fam? All my Fam is doing good. Kathryn has a little girl and is pregnant and due in March with her second little monster:) They just built a house in Saratoga Springs which is right next to Lehi. Out of the 18 nieces and nephews 16 of them are girls and two are boys!
I got to run Lyla just woke up. I hope to hear from ya soon and do some more catchin up!

Amy said...

Yeah, Im not the only one who wonders where my child comes from sometimes!! Im no expert, but, Kaden was a biter at 18 months for a few months, and I'll just say, I cried and prayed a lot. Thank goodness it was just a stage. It ends very quickly!! At least yours doesnt bite!! Its the worst!
Your such a adorable mom!! Hang in there!!Have a great weekend too, sounds fun!

J.R. said...

Hey! I just found your blog today. It's pretty goo stuff. I like to read about life in general, not necessarily an interest-specific deal. You should put up an RSS subscription link -- I just have it bookmarked right now.

Anyway.. feel free not to take my advice seriously -- I'm only 23, not married, and have no children of my own, but I have two little brothers aged 8 and 5, and right now I'm living in Mexico with a family who has a 3-year-old. One of my brothers, and the 3-year-old here, pitches the most obscene temper tantrums the world has ever seen. Reactions are a big deal, you know? They're at an age where they're entirely egocentric; everything they think or do is for their own pleasure. So if they find out that they can push your buttons and get an entertaining reaction, they'll keep doing it. I've found, and especially with the mother here, that when Pablo goes ballistic, she continues what she's doing and responds with "Yes, my love," and other such serene endearments. When he realizes that he's not getting anything out of freaking out, he'll go find something else to do.

I guess I've seen time outs work before, too, but it sounds like your daughter would have a coronary if you tried to force her into submission. If that's the case, just make sure you don't give in or let her off easy just because she's crying. It might break your heart because she's your sweet little girl, but you'll thank yourself later when she grows up with a passive attitude.

Anyway! Like I said, I'm not super experienced or anything, but I hope that helps. Keep writing, okay?