Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Peeps on the Pots


I have devoted this entire week to potty training Macie. This has got to be for sure the worse part of parenting so far. However, it is official that she is a big girl and can go pee pee on the potty! I want to have a party and a parade and shout Hip Hip Hooray, (so cheesy I know) but I am trying to keep my cool and praise her with a prize from her potty treasure chest. She has been doing great and is responding really well. She loves to march around in her Dora panties. She also loves her princess pull up that she gets to wear during nap and bed time. This is a big day at our house. We are thrilled.

Okay, we have had great success with the pee pee thing, but Macie had an accident today...poop on the stairs. YUCK! I was so patient and had her help me with clean up. She did not like the yucky drip down the leg so maybe this is a lesson for her! Oh gosh, hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel! Such POTTY TRAINING BLISS!

4 comments:

Marla said...

Lindsay, We are so friends again. Now we can talk at way more easy and entertainind access. I am totally doing a welcome post for you, you will have instant friends some you may know I am not sure. But back to your post, how old is Macie? Cause I swera she was barely walking last time I saw her, LOSER I know. Give me potty tricks, Frankie is dying to be trained I am sure.

Momma Mags said...

Lin you are such a great mom with more patience that anyone I know! I am so proud of my sweet Macers.. I wish I was closer to take her for a "great job" present. Will have to give her one on the Lagoon fest. Count down on that is 24 days. Can't wait.
Grandma and pa are doing good. The insurance adjusters are coming today. She said it is wierd that the fire left the bench that was outside of the game room on the porch-it wasn't burned, and neither was the benches for the stage, but everything else is a burned hunk of metal..(games, washers, dryers), even the old antique washtub/washer is gone.
But the most important thing is no loss of life, or home! YAY.
I don't think I will be developing a Blog site, I am way too confused for that, but I love yours!

Amberlee said...

You are the greatest MOM!!! I feel the pressure to get this blog thing up and going now! Thanks alot. I wish you were more like your sister, procrastination is the word.
Macie, Aunt-E Amber is so proud of you. Tell your mom that you need to come visit your cousins soon!
Dalan, You cute little mush head! I miss you.

Christina P. said...

OK, yes your a great mom, bla bla bla bla bla!!! But I am thinking in about 10 years, Macie is gonna be real thrilled that you posted a picture of her sitting on the potty!! You know I am just jealous. I only wish I had a picture of Cade doing the same thing. He is not even interested. O well, maybe one day.......